Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Dangers of Mold in the Household

Mold is something that is very dangerous and you should do your best to get rid of it. Some just think its an aesthetic print on your walls but it signifies something else. If there's too much mold, your insurance company may suggest that you move out for you safety. 

The mold is something can affect your health. When there's too much of it, the mold can contaminate your lungs. This can lead to the fungus infecting your lungs which will affect your health. This is a long-term effect that can last for years and years. Then you will have to deal with surgeries and recovery from the surgery. There are also a number of allergic reactions that can happen to your body. The fungi can interact with your immune system and cause inflammation. Despite this, Tobacco is still the leader in lung cancer related aliments which is a shocker to some.

Your house is also at risk. Mold often sticks to the wood. Its very unlikely that the mold can stick to brick or plastic. However the pain on the wood makes for a great target. The steam that's built up throughout the house can make it easy for the mold to grow and contaminate your home. There are some methods you can use to damage the mold in its early states. Bleach is a great cleaner and it makes sure that the mold will temporarily stop spreading. This is also the most common method that you will find.

With those things being said there are also some after affects and things that will be done. If you find yourself in a house with a lot of mold, you may be forced to wear a mask that affects your breathing paths. You will also need someone to do service on your home because they have special detergents. In extreme cases you have to burn the house to kill the mold the mold because that's the only option. However this is a last result and shouldn't be done if you have other options. You can talk to your insurance company for more details.

Mold isn't something to put off if you notice it. Any visual or scent queues of mold should be addressed. If you find yourself with water damage or notice any inside moisture build up in your walls or floorboards, be sure to give us a call for inspection. We offer a non-destructive method of checking for water damage, please give us a call at 631-940-8100 or visit our site to learn more.

Monday, December 18, 2017

Home Water Conservation Tips

As a homeowner, it is important to keep some utility use low in order to save money. One of the best utilities to conserve as a homeowner is your water use. Although you will need to use water on a regular basis, there are ways to cut back or save how you currently use it.  When looking to conserve your water use, there are a number of things that you can do.  By following these tips, you will be in great position to conserve water use and keep your living expenses low.  


One of the best ways to conserve water use in your home is to use water during non peak hours. In most locales, water use is charged more during certain hours of the day each week. As a result, you will pay more than usual during certain hours of a given day when using water. Therefore, it will benefit you to avoid using water on a regular basis during the hours of the day when use is charged at its highest rate. By not using water too much during non peak hours, you will be able to save money on your water and utility bills.


Another tip you can follow to conserve water use in your home is to limit the use of appliances such as your washing machine. The washing machine uses up a lot of water and can therefore raise your water bills. As a result, you will benefit by doing your laundry once or twice per week. This will allow you to keep your water bill lower and enable you to save a considerable amount of money each month. Using the washing machine once or twice per week will allow you to complete your laundry and also keep your water usage costs as low as possible.


When looking to save money and conserve your water use, it will be a good idea to avoid leaving faucets on. There are times when you might leave a water faucet on for an extended period of time. This could include, taking a shower, washing hands, washing the dishes in the sink, or brushing your teeth. It will be important to stop doing this so that you don’t run up your water bill on a regular basis. If you avoid leaving on the water faucets, you will be in better position to conserve water in your home and the rest of your local community.


Conserving water is one of the best ways to save money as well as help the environment. When looking to conserve water use and keep your home in the best condition possible, you will want to consider using the services offered by Go Green Pro Cleaning & Restoration. Visit our website at to learn more.

Monday, December 4, 2017

How GreenPro Cleaning Can Non-Invasively Survey Your Home for Water Damage

Winter in NY brings rain, sleet and snow accompanied by strong winds. Those winds can damage a roof, allowing rain and other precipitation to enter. Sleet, ice and snow accumulation on a roof can cause it to cave in, allowing precipitation to enter. Cold weather causes pipes to leak or burst. Once inside a structure, water can wreak havoc in numerous ways.

Water damages particle board, floors and the 2" x 4's that comprise the frames of the walls. It can cause particle board to disintegrate and/or rot. Left untreated, the moisture can cause mold to grow. This creates airborne pollution in the home that creates health risk.

At GreenPro Cleaning, we want to help you keep your home safe. We're committed to using no harsh chemicals and eco-friendly cleaning methods that work. Alert us to a leak in your home or business and we'll respond quickly to complete a non-invasive damage survey. We'll show you the problem areas and provide you with an industry standard remediation estimate.

Our Non-Invasive Survey

GreenPro Cleaning completes a five step survey that requires between 30 and 45 minutes. The survey includes:
  • a walk through of and examination of the suspected leak or water entry points,
  • a walk through of the potential damage areas or existing damage,
  • examining the potential damage areas or existing damage using a flashlight to highlight possible damage,
  • taking structural moisture readings at various wall, floor and ceiling points,
  • taking relative humidity and temperature readings.

The measurements from the latter two survey items tell us if mosture levels exceed acceptable standards and if relative humidity and temperature readings fall within ASHRAE recommendations.

Call us, 631-940-8100as soon as you suspect a leak or water damage in your Suffolk County or Nassau County home or office. Water damage can lead to mold. Children and the elderly feel the health effects of water and mold indoors first. If you notice an increase in severity of allergies or asthma or respiratory problems, look for leaks or evidence of mold growth. GreenPro Cleaning & Restoration can help you by cleaning up the water damage and restoring appropriate moisture levels to the structure.